2015 New Taipei City Big Data Forum
Leading to new opportunity
As big data became one of the widely discussed topics, Executive Yuan has also launched a big data project that will help industries to transform. In the next 10 years, big data is expected to influence all global business with new opportunity. But when does an organization business need to adopt big data solutions? How? What is the key for success while implementing big data technologies? These are the questions that business owners and managers are currently facing.
In 2013, New Taipei City Government hosted Cloud Industry Investment Forum which has successfully assisted New Taipei City to become the center of cloud industry. This year, New Taipei City Government invites Dr. Stephen Brobst, former member of Barack Obama’s Innovation and Technology Advisory Committee to speak at this forum. As a global expert of data analytics, Dr. Brobst will share his global experience regarding smart manufacturing, smart retailing and smart services with a theme of “Big Data, Big Value”. Attendants will receive the latest ideas of big data, which will assist companies to obtain new business opportunity and create new business model, hence upgrades the industries.
The “2015 New Taipei City Big Data Forum” hosted by New Taipei City Government and Ministry of Economic Affairs will be held on the 9th of February at Taipei Far Eastern Telecom Park. Beside the speech provided by Dr. Brobst, a discussion panel formed by the experts from various industries will also be conducted in order to provide more insight and to create the next golden 10 years.
● Time: 14:30-17:00, 9th of February, 2015
● Venue: Auditorium, TPKA, Taipei Far Eastern Telecom Park
(No.1 Yuandong Rd., Banqiao Dist., New Taipei City 220, Taiwan)
● Invitees: Business owner, founder and CTO of smart related industries
● Organizer: New Taipei City Government, Ministry of Economic Affairs
● Co- Organizer: Institute for Information Industry, Global Views Monthly, Taipei Far Eastern Telecom Park (Tpark)
● Sing up: www.invest.org.tw/invest/web/EDM/edm.htm
● Contact Number: 02-2960-3456 #5537 Mr. Tseng
● The event is free of charge.
● The program will be conducted in English. Interpretation will be provided.
|14:30-14:45||Opening Speech and Ceremony||● Mayor of New Taipei City (TBC)|
Dr. Eric Liluan Chu
● Ministry of Economic Affairs
Big Data, Big Value
-Trends of Big Data Analytics
|● Dr. Stephen Brobst|
-Former Advisor of National Academy of Sciences
-Former Member of Barack Obama’s Innovation and Technology Advisory Committee
-No. 14th CTO in the U.S. by ExecRank
-CTO of Teradata
-PhD of MIT
Big Data Opportunity to Taiwan’s Industries
-What can be expected from Taiwan’s Big Data Project ?
-How to help companies to Adapt Big Data Application effectively?
VP and Editor-in-Chief of Global Views Monthly
● Dr. Stephen Brobst
● VP and Director General of Advanced Research Institute of Institute for Information Industry
Dr. Grace Lin
● Industrial Technology Research Institute Fellow & CTO of Computational Intelligence Technology Center
Mr. Yun Wang
● EVP of Information Technology of Fareastone
Ms. Magdalina Lin
● 穩達商貿 蘇隆德 董事長
(Other speakers are to be confirmed)